Stresses and Strains of a poor student ;-)

Okay no generalizing…I’m talking about myself (how selfish…hihi…but you’ll soon understand it). We’ve had our “Little Progress Test” in English yesterday (April 24) and I came to the conclusion that it actually was a real big test only disguised as a “Little Progress Test”. I like those kinds of teachers who bandy with euphemism around ;-) …they’re fun. I can remember my linguist teacher in Vienna who whenever he announced an exam said: “We’re going to have a little QUIZ.” As if, oh c’mon!!!!!!!!!!! Isn’t a quiz supposed to be fun? Well, according to my definition it is but teachers seem to have their very own kind of humor. Of course the quiz wasn’t a quiz but a huuuuuuuge exam and we’ve had 3 of them in one semester. The good news was: If you failed one of those quizzes, you failed the whole class. Why? Because you didn’t enjoy quizzing …? Anyways…so we’ve had our English exam and I have to tell you…I seriously didn’t know or haven’t experienced nervousness until I met my American English teacher Mr. Newman. That word didn’t even exist in my vocabulary until he made me fail (haha…okay…it was my fault, I know, but it’s so nice to blame things on others…hihi…no seriously: I deserved it) and now I can’t get rid of it anymore (the word; or to be more accurate the feeling, this panic, nervousness, fear etc.). I really don’t mind doing other exams or staying on stage in front of a million head audience but English makes me freak out. I don’t know why and I can’t explain it - the worst: I can't control it - but it’s really stressful and English seriously sometimes brings me beyond my own bounds and as if that wouldn’t be enough my teacher teases me. I know I get nervous easily and it’s often not easy to deal with me but my roomies managed to figure out ways to handle my “freakiness” and I honestly need support on that area. So please be patient with me, and nice. It really wears me down *blush*.

1 comment:

fn said...

what should I say?

You passed the Progress Test.................................



so you must be making some progress.