"Debunking myths about the 'Third World' "

This is the video Mr. Newman sent to all of us. I don't know if you've seen it but I did and I think it's really worth having a look at it. That's the reason for my writing: I have to put in my two cents :-) but in fact I just want to briefly comment on it.
Hans Roslong, Professor of Interational Health, gives a graphical and entertaining summary of how the world has changed in the past 40 years.
Although the world's changing economy usually isn't the most interesting topic to me, the lecture, its content and the way the professor was presenting it made it so fascinating that I could have listened for hours and hours. Normally such a topic is extremely complex and complicated but the lecturer more than succesfully managed to make it understandable even to the stupid ;-) I guess he did so by summarizing all his research, study, survey and knowledge, plus he is as enthusiastic and energetic as a person can be and that is how he drags the listeners along. Of course his intelligence is impressing as well, not to mention his accent which makes him very likeable and his great sense of humor which relaxes the whole severe lecture/ topic. What's more is the power point presentation that is just ... unbelievable. A perfect and entertaining lecture of interesting conclusions.

1 comment:

betty030187 said...

I also watched this video and I must say that it was really informative!! This guy seems to have a great sense of humour... it´s great when teachers know how to lecture in an amusing way, don´t you think?
By the way, how are you??? Wish you a nice weekend and plenty of time to study... cu