Better @ English

This is what I found out during our blogsession in class:
"The English Blog; For Learners and Teachers of English" seems to be a fantastic ESL learning blog with loads of things to explore! You all have to visit this one!
It's a perfect site created for non-native speakers to help them improve their English. What you can find here are numerous links, tips and advice for English learners.
The first link on this blog is http://www.betteratenglish.com/. Explore this great homepage first cause you can get free English lessons to help you learn English vocabulary, idioms, slang, grammar, and more! It's you who decides about the degree of difficulty (;-) not the teacher), plus you can choose between diverse topics and categories such as: Phrasal Verbs, British vs. American, Business English, Grammar and usage, Idioms and slang, Vocabulary, Listening, Writing skills, General silliness, etc.
I tried out some listening activieties about British vs. American/ Real English Conversations: You can not only understand it very easily, but they give you a view suggestions to think about or maybe write about, plus they provide you with the full transcript and vocabulary list on the website. Doesn't that sound really useful and fun? By the way...the guy has a nice voice ;-)
I enjoy exploring cultural differences most! That's really fun, interseting and educational.
Check it out- betteratenglish.com I mean and since I kind of fell in love with this site I'll keep posting about my further experience with it but will also try to write about the blog I initially started to write about.
Okay, that's enough for now...I have to go get some "accessory" that I need to be able to engage in my hobby/ passion ;-)

No comments: