BBC

Are you such a big fan of BBC as I am? If so, you have to be friends with "bbc.co.uk" ! I not only love to watch BBC Prime whenever I'm at home in Vienna (especially BBC learning, sitcoms, Eddie Izzard, Three Non Blonds, etc.) but I especially like this link. Apart from having the opportunity to read the news in 33 languages, the bbc homepage provides you with various topics that might tickle your fancy, has a special "learning area" that covers nearly all the topics we need to study (grammar, vocab, listening, watching, fun quizzes) but the best thing I found out recently is the BBC Learning English Blogs! There's a student blog as well as a teacher blog which gives the students advice on what they write and suggestions for improving their writing. The fun thing is that you can also be a student blogger! So give it a try! For me personally, the teacher blog is the better one because it provides the students with really useful advice (e.g. about leraning grammar, study habits, etc). Also the teacher highlights important phrases that are worth remembering. At the end of his entries he usually writes down the highlighted phrases and explains them in English. So, take a look at it, have fun and tell me what you think!

No comments: